Keeping the ball rolling in the #MarchMediaMarathon series with TV Producer, Maegan Philmore, where she shares:
- reoccurring themes for WOC to look out for in the media industry
- how she became a Production Executive at ViacomCBS (now Paramount)
- the proper approach for those looking for career advice/mentorship
Check out the video interview below!
More About Maegan
Maegan La Trese Philmore is currently a Director of Production at the ViacomCBS who oversees movies of the week for Comedy Central, VH1, and MTV. Previously, she was a Production Executive at the National Football League and YouTube Originals. She also has worked on the hit shows “Naked and Afraid”, the NAACP Image Award winning “Welcome to Sweetie Pies’ and the 3 Time Emmy Winner “Freedom Riders”. Her creative pursuits as a director and producer have been selected to be a part of the following festivals: Los Angeles Black Film Festival, Awareness Film Festival, and the Collaborative Filmmakers Challenge. Maegan is an alumna of Mount Holyoke College and is developing the short narrative “Soul Ties”. Her documentary “DOMestication” made its world premiere at Imagine This Women’s International Film Festival 2021.
Keep Up With Maegan
Also available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and Stitcher
If you want a chance for a shoutout on The Boujee Boss Up Podcast,
- If on Apple Podcasts, rate it (5 stars would be dope), leave a review, and take a screenshot (I recommend taking the screenshot before submitting the review, it takes a while before it shows up in Apple). If on any other platforms, take a screenshot of your subscription and type out a quick review
- Post the screenshot to your stories (or feed) and tag @khalasimmons on Instagram
I can’t wait to connect with you!
Keep Up With Me