It’s time to shake the table, sis! In today’s installment of the summer series, we’ve got political heavyweight and Chief Impact Officer of 1063 West Broad, Alencia Johnson, serving Professional Troublemaker vibes (cue Luvvie) while she shares:
- how she landed gigs campaigning for former President Barack Obama, Senator Elizabeth Warren and President Joe Biden
- the #1 tip for WOC looking to establish themselves as credible staples in the political world
- fun facts about how she orchestrated Planned Parenthood’s infamous “Stand With Black Women” framework
This is by far the BEST political tea party I’ve been to, so tune in! (y’all better had got that pun)
More About Alencia
Alencia leads at the intersection of social justice and culture change, cultivating over a decade of experience marrying cultural cornerstones — activism, politics, corporate and entertainment — together to achieve justice. As Founder and Chief Impact Officer of 1063 West Broad — a social impact agency specializing in the intersection of culture, impact and purpose — Alencia connects brands, organizations and people to mission driven solutions. She has worked for the presidential campaigns of President Barack Obama, Sen. Elizabeth Warren and was a senior advisor to the now President Biden’s campaign. Alencia has also held national roles at Planned Parenthood and GEICO — leading efforts in each organization to address systemic issues facing marginalized communities through brand, engagement and narrative strategies. At Planned Parenthood, she was the architect behind the “Stand With Black Women” branding and framework. Alencia has been recognized by Harvard University with a “Woman of the Year” award, EBONY Magazine’s “Power 100” list of influential African Americans, PRWeek’s “40 Under 40” list and more. She serves on the Warner Music Group/Blavatnik Family Foundation’s Social Justice Fund board of directors and was appointed to the Virginia Council on Women by Governor Ralph Northam. Alencia is a sought-after thought leader and cultural critic featured on MSNBC, BET, NPR, Washington Post, ESSENCE, Glamour and more.
Keep Up With Alencia
If you want a chance for a shoutout on The Boujee Boss Up Podcast,
- If on Apple Podcasts, rate it (5 stars would be dope), leave a review, and take a screenshot (I recommend taking the screenshot before submitting the review, it takes a while before it shows up in Apple). If on any other platforms, take a screenshot of your subscription and type out a quick review
- Post the screenshot to your stories (or feed) and tag @khalasimmons on Instagram
I can’t wait to connect with you!
Keep Up With Me
LinkedIn: Khala Simmons